If your apartment is robbed or the apartment above you has a fire and the water used to extinguish it floods your apartment, your landlord’s policy likely won’t pay to replace any of your stuff. That’s up to you.
You need Renter’s Insurance.
Many renters pass on Renter’s Insurance because they think that they don’t have anything worth protecting. However, for many renters, the things in their rental property are the majority (sometimes all) of their possessions. You do have a lot of money invested in your personal property, and it’s worth protecting. Remember, as a renter, you could experience a loss due to something you have no control over.
Also, keep in mind your need for liability insurance. Say your friend’s clumsy cousin trips on your sneakers, falls down the stairs and hurts his back. Like it or not, he could sue you for that. Whether or not he wins, fighting that suit could be an expensive nightmare.
A Renters Policy will protect your personal property the same way it would if you owned a home. Ask your agent about what level of coverage is right for you.
Your Renter’s Insurance Policy includes:
- Personal Property Protection – Covers the loss or damage to your “stuff” (furniture, clothing, and other personal property).
- Family Liability Protection – Covers you in case someone gets hurt and claims you are responsible. This also covers attorney’s fees.
- Guest Medical Protection – Covers medical costs for visitors who are accidentally injured at your home or apartment.
- Additional Living Expenses – Reimbursements for costs of temporary housing during reconstruction. For example, if you are forced to find other temporary housing because of a fire or storm.
- Replacement Coverage – Allows you to receive the full purchase price of lost items. (You will receive the amount of brand new “stuff” at today’s cost with no depreciation.)
- Scheduled Personal Property – Extends protection beyond your basic policy limits for certain High Value Items.
Insurance Discounts and Savings:
- Multi Line (Property and Auto) – Save up to 15% depending on type of coverage needed
- Protective Devices – Save up to 15% depending on the combination of installed protective devices.
Don’t Wait! Call The Office Or Come By TODAY To Get Your Renter’s Policy! You may even qualify for a discount on your auto insurance.